The BantamX will save hours of wiring & installation time! It is a small, 8-circuit (expandable) control system that provides a clean (one ethernet cable into the cab!) and safe way to power and control 12/24VDC accessories. Due to the small footprint of the BantamX, the placement options are endless! No cutting, fishing wires into the cab or tapping into the vehicle‘s electrical system. It’s the perfect over-all solution for all your aftermarket electrical accessories with options unmatched by anyone.
Please Note the HD Switch Panel will ship from sPOD directly.
• Fully programmable, digital controlled system
• 8 circuits rated at 30 amps at 12.5 VDC per circuit
• 16-position terminal block (easily attach accessories)
• 2 controller ports (RJ45) for Ethernet cables
• Integrated low voltage cutoff (LVCO) battery protection w/ optional override
• One ATM mini-style fuse for LVCO protection & reset
• Failsafe self-healing fault protection system (from 1.5 to 30amps)
• Current-sensing MOSFETs controlled by a microprocessor (no fuses & relays)
• 100amp in-line fuse
• Nylon braided battery cables are hi-strand crosslinked copper wire with a silicone jacket
• Operates on 12VDC or 24VDC
• 8-position input terminal block for controlling outputs
• Built-in Bluetooth capabilities for remote control
• Protection against: overheating, over-current, shorts, reverse polarity & field collapse
• Ignition control and safety lock-out for switches 1 and 2 (optional)
• Up to 4 BantamX units can be daisy chained & controlled by one Touchscreen
• On-demand wireless software updates/upgrades
FEATURES AVAILABLE THROUGH sPOD MOBILE APP (free):
Each switch can be programmed for:
• Switch Linking
• On Road and Off Road mode of operation
The following features are only available through the purchase of our Pro-Series mobile App:
• Circuit timers
• Switch lockout
• Initial startup current for each circuit is raised to 65amps for 5 seconds
• Program any circuit to be always on while still maintaining fault protection
• Option to disable deep sleep mode
• Selectable auto restart after circuit shuts down from over current/short
• Programmable Current Limiting (in 2amp increments up to 30amps)
• Selectable auto restart for current limiting shut down
• Selectable “Latch” or “Momentary” actions for inputs
• Programmable ignition control for all 8 circuits
• Variable strobe function to create custom flash/strobe patterns
EXTERNAL CONTROLLER OPTIONS (not included with system and can only be used in conjunction with an sPOD controller)
• Third party switches
• Raspberry Pi
• Alpine Audio systems KAC-001 head unit controller
• Sensors, thermostats, pressure switches, fan controllers & more
TOUCHSCREEN CONTROL PANEL
The touchscreen display will become inoperable if ambient temperatures drop below 20 degrees F.
Let the temperature of the cab of the vehicle warm up before operation.
- Reduced installation time and labor allowing for mounting and connection of eight switches at one time versus individually.
- Reduced wire harness complexity, using one harness to our controller to accommodate up to 32 circuits.
- Reduced harness size offers an overall reduction in weight, improving the operational efficiency of the equipment.
- Increase in switch lifecycle over traditional electromechanical switches.
Touchscreen Control Module Features:
- Voltage feedback (vehicles battery/alternator voltage)
- Amperage meter for each switch gives you the status of how much current each accessory is drawing
- Board temperature feedback (shown on screen)
- Customization: legends (3 lines of text)
- Automatic backlighting off after 30 minutes of being inactivity
- Automatic power off after 6 hours of being inactive or engine not running (Deep sleep mode)
- One touch off function
- One second hold on off button shuts all circuits down
- Automatic system shut down when the touchscreen is unplugged
- Backlight dimming
- Multiple Source select (One touchscreen can control up to 32 circuits)
- Come with its own mounting bracket.
- Bluetooth for use in programming the touchscreen. *
HD CONTROL PANEL
- Encased in an aluminum billet machined housing, powder coated black, utilizing tactile switches encapsulated in silicone.
- Silicone Buttons with positive touch feedback.
- Panel is designed to withstand the harshest environments with all weather conditions considered.
- Compact in size: 2-7/8W x 4-7/8L x 1/2 Thick (smaller than an iPhone).
- Universal back with two pressed-in 1/4-20 studs x 5/8 inches long for flat mounting.
- Standard universal articulating mount for a multitude of mounting options.
- One standard RJ45 jack on back for communication cable between HD panel and the BantamX. (HD comes with a 10 foot CAT-6 Ethernet cable)
- HD can be located up to 25 feet from the Source using standard CAT-6 Ethernet cable.
- Built in Bluetooth LE* allows you to program and control our system with iPhones, iPad, iPad Mini using the free sPOD app.
- Three levels of secured or open Bluetooth pairing/connectivity.
- Each switch programmable for dimming, flash, momentary, strobe, and switch linking (program any switch to be a master to control other switches).
- All 8 switches are backlit.
- Adjustable timer to turn backlight off and a simple touch on any switch to reactivate.
- Quickly turn backlight off by holding 2 designated buttons.
- RGB backlight color and intensity can be changed to any color to match vehicle interior dash lighting.
- Panel lock-out feature for safety and security.
- Legends can be applied (comes standard with one sheet of 72 legends).
- Each switch has 3 status lights: Red (left) = On, White (center) = Flash/Strobe active, Blue (right) = Active visual feedback when button is pushed.
- Status lights can be dimmed.
- Additional HD smart controller can be added for different locations.
- HD can run in conjunction with our Touchscreen, Bluetooth and 8 Switch panel.
- Access to iTunes or Google Play Store to download the sPOD app
- Bluetooth 4.0 compatible
- Compatible with Android devices running 8.0 Oreo (API 26) or later
- Compatible with iOS 11 or newer, iPhone 7s or newer, iPad 2 or newer, iPad mini
- Must have existing sPOD system
*The primary reason for the Bluetooth integrated into the HD panel is for programming purposes, and not for remote control due to the limited range. HD housings are precision machined billet aluminum which contribute to the distance limitations. Ranges may vary from 5 feet up to 15 feet depending on location of the HD, the surroundings, phone type, phone cover and many other variables.