YOU WILL HAVE TWO OPTIONS FOR THE STYLE OF TRAY TO MOUNT YOUR POWERSWITCH:
1. Original PowerSwitch PowerTray:
Take all the guess work out of wiring up a new accessory. The Original Powerswitch PowerTray creates the ultimate wire management solution for your PowerSwitch, while also providing a Blue Sea Systems 6 circuit fuse block for constant power and a ground bus bar. No more fiddling around with excess wires or scrambling to find a secure and reliable ground for each of your accessories. We've been there and done that and learned from our frustration.
With the Powerswitch PowerTray system installed, wiring up a new accessory is as easy as taking the positive and negative wires, crimping on some ring terminals, and simply attaching the positive to one of the 6 circuits on the Powerswitch unit and the negative to your common ground busbar. That's it, you're done!
The Original Powerswitch PowerTray also features the Blue Sea 6 circuit fuse block, which expands the system’s capacity by giving you the added ability to wire in accessories that would otherwise be inconvenient to power though your Powerswitch. For example, under hood lights and cargo lights can now have an external switch located right where you want it, no more running back into the cab to turn them on.
The addition of a fuse block is also great for accessories like front/rear mount cameras, aftermarket HID headlights, aftermarket Horns, air compressors etc. Accessories like this use the vehicles own factory wiring to activate the accessory, but due to the thin gauge of wire used for OEM applications most aftermarket parts like these need a more robust power source to draw from.
This product is for the Original Powerswitch PowerTray, Support Leg, and mounting hardware.
It does not include the Garmin Powerswitch, Blue Sea accessories, Power/Ground Cables, terminals/fuses etc. Click Here for those items.
2. Essentials PowerSwitch PowerTray:
This option is the same as the Original PowerSwitch PowerTray seen above, minus the fuse block. Its a simple, compact solution to mount your PowerSitch system and busbar so you can keep your wiring clean and organized.
There is no support leg included with this tray since the mounting platform is smaller allowing for an easier and more cost effective install of your PowerSwitch.
This product is for the Essentials PowerSwitch PowerTray and mounting hardware.
It does not include the PowerSwitch, Blue Sea accessories, Power/Ground Cables, terminals/fuses etc. Click Here for those items.
PEM® Fasteners with Stainless Steel Screws - Pressed into the bottom of the PowerTray, genuine PEM fasteners become a permanent feature of the tray so you never have to worry about losing a nut while adding mods to your rig. Also included is matching stainless steel hardware to mount those accessories to the tray.
1/8th Inch 5052 Aircraft Aluminum - Possibly a little overkill to use for mounting electrical accessories that tend to weigh in the ounces, not pounds. But with a weight coming in at 3X lighter than steel and corrosion resistance far superior to even stainless steel, aluminum is the clear choice for weathering the harsh conditions we put our vehicles though.
Waterjet manufacturing - Guarantees precise cuts with an accuracy of ±0.003", which is why it is used globally in many industries for intricate designs and jobs which require high tolerances.
Chamfered edges - This is the only step where we cut corners (hehe). To avoid sharp edges we chamfer all jagged edges and corners by hand with a specialized high-speed router bit. So you don't have to worry about cutting your hands or scratching your vehicles paint during installation. Also with a 45° chamfer on the edges you minimize the risk of vibration wearing though the protective sleeving on cables and wires which would short out the circuit.
Perfect fit - Don't sacrifice access to your factory fuse block with other mounts! Each PowerTray is designed around your factory components.
Unparalleled stability - Utilizing three points of contact, you can be sure that your valuable electronics are safe and supported by including an additional support leg that secures the far-side of the tray to the lower inner fender.
High Quality JIS Class 10.9 Steel Hardware - Your entire Toyota is built with JIS (Japanese industrial standard) hardware so why should your aftermarket parts be any different.
Power Made Easy - Delivered right to your door with step-by-step installation instructions.
This PowerTray will fit the following vehicles:
- Toyota FJ cruiser 07-14 with Automatic Transmission
- Unfortunately manual transmission FJ's have a clutch fluid reservoir mounted in the same location the PowerTray is designed to install. So if your FJ has a manual transmission then shoot us an email with pictures of the reservoir and please include vehicle info like year, make, and model so we can go over options for relocating the reservoir. Sales@Powertrays.com
- Note: FJ cruiser's with the rear 400w inverter may have a small relay box bolted to the fender that will need trimmed. CLICK HERE for pic of bracket.
- Toyota 5th gen 4Runner's 09-Current
- Note: 2020+ 4runners have an additional relay/fuse box located on the fender that will need to be relocated closer to the cab of the vehicle in order to install this PowerTray. CLICK HERE to see the process.
- Toyota 4th gen 4Runner's 02-09
- Note: 4th gen 4Runners have less hood clearance compared to newer models and this PowerTray will need spaced out 1/2 inch in order to clear the factory hood struts. CLICK HERE to purchase the spacer kit.
- Lexus GX470 02-09 and GX460 10-Current
- Note: These vehicles may have a plastic vanity cover that will need to be removed and discarded. But nothing should actually hinder installation.
*If you see something say something! If you notice any inaccurate info above let us know so we can update it. Sales@PowerTrays.com